Our perennial best-seller!
A favorite of gardeners and nature lovers alike for more than 45 years, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Gardening Calendar spreads gardening joy at every turn of the page. Each month of this 2024 edition features the stunning illustration of an edible or ornamental accompanied by mini-feature captions that include growing guidance and fun facts about the plant shown.
Topics include . . .
- Fragrant sweet peas
- Daffodil fun facts
- North American elderberries
- Eye-catching Mexican hats (Ratibida)
- Mild and tangy daikon radishes
- Beloved-by-wildlife American beech trees
- Versatile ‘Hopi Red Dye’ amaranth
- And more!
Of course, it wouldn’t be from The Old Farmer’s Almanac if it didn’t give you the best times for planting (36 vegetables and grains!), gardening/weather proverbs, plant fun facts, insightful quotes, and gardening secrets for the entire year.
Features also include . . .
- Major U.S. and Canadian holidays and celebrations
- Moon phases (new, quarters, full), including traditional full-phase names like Full Strawberry Moon and Full Harvest Moon
- Solar and lunar eclipses
- Previous and next month grids on each month’s calendar page for easy reference
- 2024 and 2025 year-at-a-glance calendars for preplanning
- Convenient size to fit and be enjoyed almost anywhere: 10-7/8"W x 8-3/8"H; opens to 10-7/8"W x 16-3/4"H
Get one for yourself and another to pass along!
Purchasing Options Explained
ADD TO CART
This option allows for a single, one-time purchase of this publication. The item will be added to your shopping cart, along with any other products you have chosen.
Opting for this choice initiates a separate, expedited checkout process, establishing a no-obligation stop-at-any-time annual subscription. This subscription renews each August, regardless of your original purchase date, ensuring you receive the latest edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac publications for the upcoming year upon their release.