Includes 12 Seed Packets with Over 7000 Seeds!
And 12 Wooden Plant Markers
The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Vegetable Garden Starter Kit is filled with 11 non-GMO premium vegetable seed packets along with marigold seeds for companion planting:
- Snowball Y Improved Cauliflower Seeds are well adapted for shorter growing seasons. They produce mild, nutty flavored, bright weight heads that are delicious and nutritious. Approximately 500 seeds. USA Origin.
- Parris Island Cos Romaine Lettuce Seeds produce mildly sweet, juicy leaves with crunchy ribs ideally suited for salads and sandwiches. Approximately 2000 seeds. USA Origin.
- Waltham Butternut Winter Squash Seeds deliver the ideal cool weather crop. Waltham Butternut's have velvety, bright orange flesh which tastes great in sweet and savory holiday dishes. Approximately 50 seeds. USA Origin.
- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprout Seeds produce tender and tasty sprouts perfect for fall and winter feasts. Approximately 750 seeds. USA Origin.
- Black Beauty Zucchini Summer Squash Seeds produce delicious, flavorful zucchini. They're vigorous growers, providing plentiful glossy black-green fruits. Approximately 60 seeds. USA Origin.
- Big Red Sweet Pepper Seeds produce crisp, colorful peppers rich in vitamins with thick walls ideal for crunchy snacks, salads, and cooking. Approximately 40 seeds. USA Origin.
- Tendersweet Carrot Seeds produce crunchy, coreless, sweet orange carrots that will liven up any dish. They’re perfect for cooking, canning, juicing or eating raw. Approximately 3000 seeds.
- Golden Acre Cabbage Seeds produce delicately flavored cabbages excellent for cooking or eating raw; or as ornamentals for cold weather gardens. Approximately 950 seeds. USA Origin.
- Organic Blue Lake Bush Bean Seeds grow into compact bushes filled with juicy, crunchy green beans. They're easy to grow, quickly ready to harvest, and absolutely delicious. Approximately 55 seeds. USA Origin. USDA Organic
- Large Red Cherry Tomato Seeds are incredibly productive, delivering delicious handfuls of sweet, firm fruit that are delicious plucked off the vine or in your favorite dishes. Approximately 100 seeds.
- Rainbow Mixture Swiss Chard Seeds produce vivid red, yellow, pink, white, and orange stems with dark green leaves. Approximately 150 seeds. USA Origin.
- Premium Petite Mixture Marigold Seeds produce vibrant yellow, orange and red flowers that look fabulous while also helping as companion plants for many vegetable varieties. Approximately 200 seeds. USA Origin.
What are Heirloom Seeds?
Heirloom Seeds (sometimes called Heritage Seeds) are open pollinated vegetable and herb seed strains that have been planted, grown and harvested for several generations (usually more than 30 or 50 years depending on the variety) with consistent results. Heirloom seeds are always non-GMO and are never hybrids. All of our vegetable and herb seeds are heirloom seeds.
Are Your Seeds Non-GMO? What Does Non-GMO Mean?
Non-GMO means seeds (or other products) that were produced without genetic engineering and were not derived from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). All of our seeds are non-GMO.
Where do Your Seeds Come From?
Most of the seeds offered on our site are USA Origin seeds sourced from certified US based suppliers. We do also source a small number of seeds from other countries. To view the specific origin check the seed packet.
Are Your Seeds Packed for the Current Growing Season?
All of our seed packets are packed for the current growing season. If stored properly they will provide high germination rates for 1-2 additional years as well.
How Can I Store My Seeds Safely for Use in the Future?
Our seeds will generally retain their high germination rates for several years from the date of purchase. If you're planning on saving your seeds for us in the future, the most important thing to remember that seeds like to be stored where it is cool, dry and dark. The easiest way to ensure this for long term storage at home is to double-seal your seeds inside two zipper style bags and then place them in the freezer. (Make sure you label your seeds for future reference if they're not in original packaging.) When you're ready to plant your seeds, take just the ones you want to use out of the freezer and let them sit on a counter, in a covered container, for a few days to thaw and stabilize before being planted. To preserve germination rates, minimize temperature, light and humidity fluctuations by storing your seeds at the back of the freezer and only taking them out when you're ready to use them.